Method 1: Fix OEM Unlock Missing by Changing Date
This can be useful if your device is new and OEM unlock is missing from developer options. All you need to do is turn off the Automatic date and set an older date. Here’s how to do it:
- First open Settings on your Galaxy phone.
- Head over to the General Management > Date and Time.
- In the Date and Time section turn off Automatic date and time.
- It will now show the Date and Time that you can manually set.
- Now set any date from the last month or even before that date.
- Go back to the main Settings and then go to About Phone > Software Information.
- Tap 7 times on build number to enable developer options.
- Now open developer options on your phone.
- Look for the Auto Update System and disable it.
- Next go to Settings > Software Update and disable the ‘Auto download over wifi’ option. Now check for updates manually. Ignore the error message if you receive any.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Now go to developer options and you will find the OEM Unlocking option.